Window type with roller shutter box

edited August 2023 in General

Hello everyone,
I have created a balcony window type with a roller shutter box, very common in Spain. I wonder if it would be possible for the wall to hide the box without the need to insert a lintel, as I had to do. Another problem is the current inability to define the degree of opening of the roller shutter.

Ace

Comments

• IFC doesn't have a method of storing the opening shape alongside the Window Type, so BlenderBIM simply uses the rectangular bounding box of the window shape to cut the opening (however if you have a Profile representation in your Window Type, BlenderBIM will extrude this; useful for non-rectangular openings, so not useful here).

But if you edit the opening after inserting the first instance of your Window, BlenderBIM will reuse this first opening for all subsequent Windows of this Type. So insert a Window, show the opening, edit it (press tab key), adjust it to the shape you need (with a cavity for the shutter box), save (press tab), and insert the rest of your Windows.

AceMassimotlang
  • @brunopostle said: So insert a Window, show the opening, edit it (press tab key)

Are you referring to editing the Bounding box or the opening wall itself? The IFC wall doesn't allow me to edit it with the Tab key.

• This is one approach:
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/48zqhvm7t78xx9jlwcoy0/2023-08-07_07-37-42_KeyShowView_Carnac.mp4?rlkey=q9rptc9khyo1jfgkx1vl5eh7p&dl=0

There's actually a bug, i think, when trying to edit the opening... i had to convert it to a tessellation first.

brunopostletlangatomkarinca
  • Now it works. Thank you very much @brunopostle and @theoryshaw

brunopostletheoryshawAce