Adding ifcstorey to existing ifc

Is there a workflow to add ifcstorey to existing ifc and sorting objects to the respective storey, when not originally setup in ifc?

Comments

• You mean like copy pasting elements from one IfcBuildingStorey to another one?

• I have an IFC with all on one storey

• edited September 2023

You can create a building storey in three different ways:

• select a building storey in the outlier, duplicate with Shift D in the viewport, and move it's elevation if you wish to. F2 to rename.
    • select the building object in the outline, and go to the Object Information Tab > you'll find an " Add Building Storey " somewhere. Change the elevation as before.
    • Project Setup > Spatial Manager , highlight a building, and a " add storey" operator will pop up. Change the name and elevation and hit apply.

Then, select the objects you want to move to the new storey,
    Go to object information > spatial container> change the container and hit apply.

Why do you only have one building storey though? Perhaps you can receive a better IFC export ?

JanF
  • Because it is an export from Sketchup which does not have IFCStorey, so I am trying to correct it so I can use in Bimvision and expand out the Stories