Bill of Quantities, number of instances

edited October 2023 in General

I am quite new to BB, how can I simply prepare a Bill of Quantities based on the number of instances used in the model, like doors and windows?, maybe assigning a cost to each? I don't know how to count the number in material resources.
I would love to also understand better the link to tasks/calendar/resources+output but it's quite complicated at the moment
Is there any documentation I can use to go deep in the subject?
thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• If you're after a simple schedule as opposed to a fully fleged BOQ something like this would do:

steverugi
  • edited October 2023

Thanks Dion for your quick reply, cheers!

• Excellent videos, too, if you haven't already seen them:

steverugi
  • As much as I appreciated the replies I cannot see much in the video to understand how to create a simple BoQ starting from scratch
    I would be extremely grateful if someone could help me with it, any hint for me to start at least. I can now do most of building an IFC model and work schedule part, it's just the cost/quantity that it's hard to get in a BoQ or Schedule of Rates, as a senior QS/Planner is quite ironic ;-)

• Hi @steverugi I think we're both from Italy, I saw both videos and I think they can satisfy your needs. Maybe we can have a virtual meet and try to resolve your problems. I don't promise anything but we can try

steverugi
  • @Bimlooser said:
    Hi @steverugi I think we're both from Italy, I saw both videos and I think they can satisfy your needs. Maybe we can have a virtual meet and try to resolve your problems. I don't promise anything but we can try

How nice of you!, yes please just let me know when available and will make time for it
    Much appreciated
    Steverugi@gmail.com

• @steverugi

simply prepare a Bill of Quantities based on the number of instances used in the model, like doors and windows?

You could use the BlenderBIM spreadsheet add-on and just simple count the rows in Excel or Libre Office

steverugi
  • @Coen said:
    @steverugi

simply prepare a Bill of Quantities based on the number of instances used in the model, like doors and windows?

You could use the BlenderBIM spreadsheet add-on and just simple count the rows in Excel or Libre Office

Thanks Coen
    I'm ok with exporting number of instances using the export pane but I'll certainly try the spreadsheet option as you suggest.
    At the moment I'm more focused on learning how to prepare Schedule of rates and Bill of Quantities, linked to Program of Works
    Cheers

Coen
  • I'll be releasing a tutorial this weekend " 5D Crash course with BBIM"!

theoryshawCoenatomkarincaBimlooserMoult
  • @SigmaDimensions said:
    I'll be releasing a tutorial this weekend " 5D Crash course with BBIM"!

Wow! Thank you so much

• @steverugi . A few bugs at the end of my recording delayed this tutorial unfortunately . Had to stop and fix the bugs . I'm going to try to make a new recording this week.
    My apologies for the wait

atomkarinca
  • hi @SigmaDimensions
    Thanks a lot for the update, looking forward to your new video, cheers