[BlenderBIM] joining wall faces in elevations

edited November 2023 in General

How to remove this line on elevation view

Comments

• The line should go away if you mitre the wall corners

• Ideally it should not be drawn at all if the walls are made with the same material though, right ?

• @Gorgious said:
    Ideally it should not be drawn at all if the walls are made with the same material though, right ?

yes ideally, but as a workaround mitre-ing the corners works

• @Gorgious said:
    Ideally it should not be drawn at all if the walls are made with the same material though, right ?

yes

• edited January 30

I bumped into this issue at the beginning of 2024, @Moult do you think it is possible to achieve within BlenderBIM? Something like a linework tool maybe, to mark the edge which would be exported to SVG as white or with a special "empty" linetype.

• @tamic AFAIK this should work out of the box if both walls are of the same material and the same pset status. However in practice I have not managed to reliably make it work. Granted I only tested it once. For more information search for JoinCritera over there https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=BlenderBIM_Add-on/BlenderBIM_Add-on_exporting_2D_documentation

• AFAIK this should work out of the box if both walls are of the same material and the same pset status.

it does when the wall is 'cut', but not on 'projection'. At least not that i've been able to figure out.

Ace
  • Ah right, then that's why I didn't manage to make it work :)

• @theoryshaw said:

AFAIK this should work out of the box if both walls are of the same material and the same pset status.

it does when the wall is 'cut', but not on 'projection'. At least not that i've been able to figure out.

Do you know if there's some other rule? It sometimes works for me and sometimes not.

• edited January 31

If there's nothing in here...

...it will use the following as the JoinCriteria.
    join_criteria = ["class", "material.Name", "/Pset_.*Common/.Status", "EPset_Status.Status"] from here.

That is it will 'not join' this list of stuff.
    If you use something like JoinCriteria: type, it will 'just' use this criteria.

Again, i think this only works for 'cut' geometry.
    @JanF, not sure if this answers your question.