sample of workflow than could be replicated in our BIM software

here in the video, you can watch 2 plugins creating a building with details and analysis in 9:00, look to simple that might be replicated in our open-source software (LibreCAD 3, FreeCAD and Blender).

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCno0J0zJ1PKP6EWA8fA3MKQ
the channel is Peruvian and speaks in Spanish but you do not need to speak Spanish for understanding because of the image talk for himself. there is 1 plugin for each program: Revit, AutoCAD, and Robot Structural. (Total 3)

the workflow might be replicated like this: AutoCAD workflow = LibreCAD 3, Robot Structural = FreeCAD FEM, Revit = FreeCAD BIM or BlenderBIM.

Comments

• here Revit and AutoCAD:

• edited August 2020

@jtm2020hyo said:
    here in the video, you can watch 2 plugins creating a building with details and analysis in 9:00, look to simple that might be replicated in our open-source software (LibreCAD 3, FreeCAD and Blender).

LibreCAD 3?
    I think it is not available yet.

• @bitacovir but I would really love to find a way to help them get v3 out.

• @bitacovir said:
    LibreCAD 3?
    I think it is not available yet.

I already sent such a suggestion and according to their founder with LC3 is possible to do the same thing that videos above. I did not found answers for part of FreeCAD / Blender Teams.

• I think it is already possible to do the modeling that you've shown in the videos in both FreeCAD and Blender. Some things require a few too many clicks to be convenient, but the functions are there.

In terms of structural analysis, @Jesusbill is working on IFC2CA - and both FreeCAD and the BlenderBIM Add-on have basic support for structural members and connections. However, a lot of work no doubt still needs to be done on this. It would be awesome if you are interested in contributing - knowing a bit of Python is all you need to get started, and we can guide you on how IFC defines structural analysis models.

paulleeJesusbill
  • yes, I want to contribute of course but I will do it too soon as I can migrate to Freecad / Blender.

paullee