BlenderBIM - How to add a grid axis?

Hi,
I watched the very helpful video tutorials and poked around the code, but I can't seem to find out how to add more grid axes to an existing grid. Duplicating the IfcGridAxis object does not work - it simply does not duplicate anything - and there is no entry for IfcGrid or IfcGridAxis if you want to assign an IFC class manually...
Is this still to-do or am I missing a key panel/tool/workflow?
Thanks!

Comments

• edited November 2023

Welcome. In BB preferences, uncheck the following...

steverugiatomkarincaAce
  • Thank you! That does it :)

• edited February 18

Hi @theoryshaw

Welcome. In BB preferences, uncheck the following...

is the Grid somehow not working in BBIM with Blender 4.x+?

after setting the axis (number and spacing) by pressing F9

whatever change I apply (since grids have often more than one spacing value) to it the .ifc file keeps the original arrangement

also, if I try to shift+D one axis in Object Mode it pops up the following :

if I do it in Edit Mode it looks fine but the added axis is not saved..

edit

now it's working, provided I do not change their number, axis can be adjusted
    please disregard my post, thanks

• @steverugi Hi, please excuse me, how do you accessed such menu (U Spacing, Number of U Grids, V Spacing, Number of V Grids) for editing the grids? I tried to access to it pressing F9 or checking on the object menu, but I could not find it. Thank you in advance.

• @DiegoAlvarez said:
    @steverugi Hi, please excuse me, how do you accessed such menu (U Spacing, Number of U Grids, V Spacing, Number of V Grids) for editing the grids? I tried to access to it pressing F9 or checking on the object menu, but I could not find it. Thank you in advance.

after added them the key F9 is only possible to use to modify grids (to some extent..) until you use a different command

for later editing you need to deselect the box here:

I personally find the grid thing in BBim a bit tricky, I usually set all needed linex when I use it the first time, I struggle to add or remove them at a later stage, there might be something I miss here..

atomkarinca