BBIM - Project Libre import as xml

Has anyone tried to import a Project Libre file in BBIM? I exported a simple file as .xml (attached as .txt) but on importing it as Microsoft Project (.xml) I had this error:

, thanks

Comments

• Have you tried exporting/importing it with open source alternatives?

• @Coen said:
    Have you tried exporting/importing it with open source alternatives?

I just used Project Libre to create a couple of tasks and saved it as .xml
    please advise if there are other options, thanks

• Supporting LibreOffice is on the to-do list but hasn't been requested so far. Can you open your .xml in MSP or P6 and then save again in the mean time?

• @SigmaDimensions said:
    Supporting LibreOffice is on the to-do list but hasn't been requested so far. Can you open your .xml in MSP or P6 and then save again in the mean time?

Thanks for your reply
    unfortunately I no longer have MSP on my laptop, I was trying to replace it with ProjectLibre (I wasn't aware of LibreOffice being able to do work scheduling, any advice?)

• Sorry I meant ProjectLibre.
    You can use a .csv import if it's not something too complex. Here's a template.
    I'll do a basic implementation of ProjectLibre .xml during the christmas break now that there's a need for it :)

Arv
  • @SigmaDimensions said:
    Sorry I meant ProjectLibre.
    I'll do a basic implementation of ProjectLibre .xml during the christmas break now that there's a need for it :)

Nice, I tried and it works just fine, thanks a lot for your support, always very much appreciated !
    PS it would be handy if importing schedule (Cost or Work) were to be available directly from Costing and Scheduling, like with Resources ;)

• @SigmaDimensions said:

sorry, how do you set in the .csv multiple predecessor/successor? sometimes the same task can trigger more than one successor
    It can be done in the UI, I was wondering if it was also possible in the .csv (I tried few combinations but did not work)
    thanks

• Try splitting with a semi colon:
    11FS12 ;11SS13

Arv
  • @SigmaDimensions said:
    Try splitting with a semi colon:
    11FS12 ;11SS13

yep, that did the trick, thanks for your quick response, appreciated.

• edited December 2023

@SigmaDimensions said:

oddly when I import a .csv work schedule (attached as .txt file) I cannot have the summary tasks updated in the UI

when I generate the Gantt summary dates look OK but their duration is not showing

but no problem if I do it manually (everthing from start to end, no .csv import), I also notice they have a duration with a P prefix and an *

both cases I used the same calendar / duration / relatationships, and entered the first date in the same task (1.1.1 Ground slab)

Question

is there a particular sequence to follow when importing data from .csv to have summary tasks updated?

Thanks

EDIT

a even weirder workaround is to export it as P6.xml and import it back, all summary tasks are correctly showing their dates and duration..

Arv
  • edited December 2023

oddly when I import a .csv work schedule (attached as .txt file) I cannot have the summary tasks updated in the UI

Should now be fixed for csv imports.

Also made sure derived durations are shown as human readable.

Cheers @steverugi

steverugiArv
  • @SigmaDimensions said:

Should now be fixed for csv imports.

Also made sure derived durations are shown as human readable.

Cheers @steverugi

Thank you!