Calculating the entire length of an 'egress path'

Happy New year!
Could anyone suggest a workflow for calculating the entire length of an 'egress path' for example?

topologic

Comments

• edited January 2

Simplest way would be to model it manually either as 2d annotation or 3d proxy, BlenderBIM should be able to calculate the path length (if not, then use some plugin or sum edge length with sverchok)
    Semiautomatic generation could be done with topologic remeshing and shortest path.
    To do it fully automatic, you'd have to try all corners of all rooms and compare the shortest paths and find the longest one.
    Some reference in german:
    https://repositum.tuwien.at/handle/20.500.12708/190553

Ace
  • The MeasureIt addon that comes with Blender allows to create sum groups of edge elements.
    In the video I extruded a single vertice to create a path and before adding the measures with the addon, picked a sum group and the clicked the Segment option to measure the selected edges. The sum of the group appears down in the panel.
    https://webmshare.com/play/PbRzR

BedsonAce
  • Thanks @JanF & @elschilling!
    I think i'm going to go with this approach...
    https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/iaz9qr6do4nmrga4lb97a/2024-01-02_18-50-46_blenderBlenderblender.mp4?rlkey=swzn2c62vgo9cud3lplfzlpcw&dl=0

Now I have to figure out how to input this value into a Qto so I can tag it.

@elschilling I like that approach, do you know if those individual dimension segments can be printed out in a BB SVG?

elschillingAce
  • @elschilling I like that approach, do you know if those individual dimension segments can be printed out in a BB SVG?

Not that I am aware of, looking into the addon code it renders directly into the gpu and doesn't seems to allow easy access to the dimension data unfortunately. Your approach is much more BB and IFC friendly

theoryshaw
  • Measure it arch fork used to be supported by blender bim, so you could use that.
    But why don't you just make a BlenderBIM dimension chain and turn off the decorations with css?

theoryshawAce
  • @JanF said:
    Measure it arch fork used to be supported by blender bim, so you could use that.
    But why don't you just make a BlenderBIM dimension chain and turn off the decorations with css?

Now you're thinking. Nice. I could even style it different with CSS as well. Thanks for the thought!

• @theoryshaw said:
    Happy New year!
    Could anyone suggest a workflow for calculating the entire length of an 'egress path' for example?

Apologies for the late reply. If you have not solved this yet, you can get this done fairly easily in topologicpy:
    1. Get a footprint of the outer boundary of your building (I would use the interior edges of the exterior walls)
    2. Get a footprint of any interior walls
    3. Get the general footprint (or even the bounding box footprint) of the furniture
    4. Use these polylines to build a topologic face with holes in it (Face.ByWires)
    5. Building a navigation path (Graph.NavigationPath)
    6. Compute the shortest path (Graph.ShortestPath) between any two points
    7. Calculate the total length of the path (Wire.Length(shortest_path)

MassimoJanFelschillingDarth_BlenderArv