Extract coordinates placement with IfcCSV

Can I get X, Y,Z coordinates for objects using this tool?.
Looking selector-syntax documentation seem possible but I tryed without success (maybe syntax or property I use is wrong).

Comments

• Would be interested in this as well

• edited January 11

this work?

• @c4rlosdias I like your's better! :)

• Hi c4rlosdias, it works.
    teoryshaw, this syntax doesn't work.
    I tryed to formafting the coordinates with syntax like metric_length(x,0.01,2) and fail too.
    thanks for the answer.

• In 230902 this syntax doesn't work. If you need it, switch to 231104 version

• @c4rlosdias 's answer is correct, because it will fully resolve all relative coordinates, whereas @theoryshaw 's answer will only get the leaf relative coordinates.

theoryshawArvAce
  • Extracting the location is working really nicely. How about setting the position from the csv when reimporting? I get an error for that (I know, great power to mess up the model) and it should be fairly easy to create a script that can achieve this but doing this with ifccsv would be really handy.

• @tobenz said:
    Extracting the location is working really nicely. How about setting the position from the csv when reimporting? I get an error for that (I know, great power to mess up the model) and it should be fairly easy to create a script that can achieve this but doing this with ifccsv would be really handy.

Added support for this in this commit, you can try it out in the latest build.

tobenz
  • Awesome quick response! I created an issue on gh because the new position is not automatically shown in blender. It would also be great if the rotations (which are not that easily retrieved from the IFC file itself) could be set with this.
    This allows us to have a nice workflow where we "sync" element position in qgis for alignments (with the station & offset plugin) and their position in IFC. Plan sheets created in QGIS (only symbols needed), SVG/PDF export from there. Best of two worlds ;)

• Hi @tobenz

This allows us to have a nice workflow where we "sync" element position in qgis for alignments (with the station & offset plugin) and their position in IFC. Plan sheets created in QGIS (only symbols needed), SVG/PDF export from there. Best of two worlds ;)

I am using QGIS quite extensively to, among other things, run quantity take-off of railway projects, could you please elaborate your lines here a bit more ? It sounds very interesting but I am not sure if I got it right, thanks

• @steverugi qto with qgis sounds interesting to me. Maybe we can exchange our ideas about this on a week or two?

steverugi