BlenderBim - preload Ifc Annotation lines + symbols

SO a question for those that might know,
Is it possible to, as a non developer, set what Ifc Annotations a drawing loads with?
So if we had a drawing labeled (Window 1)
It could load a pre-drawn Table with lines and ifc Text
Or if we are creating a drawing called "Electrical layout"
It could load a pre-drawn legend with electrical symbols and Ifc Text?

Currently the only thing I see that does this is elevations and Sections which load with the level lines assigned

If anyone has ideas on this let me know

steverugi

Comments

• This may not address your question exactly, but if you set up your drawing once you can duplicate your drawing and select 'Should Duplicate Annotations' .

Regarding pre-drawn legends, apart from doing the above, I can't think of a way to specifically add a legend to a drawing's annotations layer, but you could add it to a Sheet. You could do this by adding a Drawing to your sheet - specifically laid out for your legend. However, this approach may add data to your model that you don't want. Another way would be to create a new SVG title block template that includes your legend and add it to your project's layout/titleblocks folder.

• Hey @tim thanks! That's the approach I am currently taking, using both of those to get the desired result, each has it's own merits and shortfalls.

• Were you looking for a scripted approach?

• @tim said:
    Were you looking for a scripted approach?

No hahah, I wanted to kind of be able to add a camera with a preset drawing made in BlenderBim ideally with the 2d annotation tools, no coding for me for now
    Appreciate the help though Tim!