Archipak to Blenderbim

Hi! I recently finished a house in blender using Stephens Archipack. I would like to convert things over to IFC using blender bim. So I started doing that by creating a new IFC project in blender bim while I have my opened project file. I converted the walls, roof, windows, slabs and a few others things to start with. I then wanted to test things so I saved the project as an ifc. I than loaded the ifc and all of the ifc objects are there but scattered around the scene instead of being in the place they are supposed to be. I have provided a couple pictures to show what I mean. Maybe I'm doing things completely wrong or maybe I should just start from scratch in blender bim. Current version of blender bim is 230902.

Comments

• It maybe has something to do with the transformation on you archipack objects?
    You most likely need to apply any transforms before classifying as an Ifc object

engfernando
  • edited January 30

Clear any parent relationship on your objects. Apply Transforms too ! (ALT P and CTRL A shortcuts)
    If it still doesn't work, convert all your objects to meshes to apply any modifiers. (Object > Convert > Mesh)
    Beforehand you might want to unlink linked meshes. (Object > Relations > Make single User > Object & Data) otherwise convert won't work.

theoryshawAceengfernando
  • Thank you both Ace & Gorgiouos! Applying transforms and clearing Parent Relationships seems to work. If I forget to classify an object as an ifc can I add it later? Say I have an IFC file saved as "My house" and in that file I have some windows that I classified as ifc windows but I notice that one is missing from the original blend file. Can I open the blend file and export/ammend the ifc file I created? Or would I just go back to the blend file and convert my blend objects that I missed to ifc and export the whole thing again? I uploaded a picture to show how the exporting is going. I missed all my windows, interior walls and cabinets.

• If I forget to classify an object as an ifc can I add it later?

You can open your .ifc file and then append/copy and paste missing objects from the .blend file and classify them as ifc objects.

Current version of blender bim is 230902

It's probably good time to update...

Original issue is caused not by the transforms, it seems that you classified your objects as object types (types of IfcElementType) instead of just ifc elements (types of IfcElement). E.g. roof is classified as IfcRoofType instead of IfcRoof. Types doesn't really "exist" in the scene, they are just needed to create occurrences, therefore they don't have the transform data and this is what you see on importing that file - transform data from objects is lost.
    Applying transforms to geometry completely is more like masking the issue and either way you still would need to create an occurrence for each object to work with them as with scene elements instead of types (being able to move them arround, etc).

engfernando