Techsec function possible in BlenderBIM?

edited February 4 in General

I recently came across this plug in called TechSec, for creating section of blender geometry. I'm still seeing it potential, but i really liked the UI and it made me whant to have the same kind of UI in BlenderBIM when it come to generate drawing, since techsec lets you view inside of blender a PNG image of the output in the image editor. so i was wondering if some one else is using techsec in there workflow and if this kind of user interface was possible in BlenderBIM
A link to the demo video

Tagged:

Comments

• I've reached out about a new question about how he's implemented the half plane culling. Hopefully with some answers about this we can implement something similar.

SavyGust27BedsonAce
  • It's implemented by swapping out the bmesh of the object after the bisect operator. We already use the bisect functionality to produce those thick black / green lines you see in drawings, which is pretty efficient. However mesh swapping has the potential to be slow but we don't know how well it scales on large projects unless we test it.

Watch this space :)

SavyGust27ShegsNigelatomkarincacarlopavAceBedson
  • IMO a minimal working example would work with a single mesh object which geometry gets dynamically updated depending on the sum of the results of bisecting with https://docs.blender.org/api/current/bmesh.ops.html#bmesh.ops.bisect_plane which gives out a list of verts and polygons per object. IDK about performance with a lot of objects though. I can try testing it.

It doesn't look real-time in the video so I have some doubts about that.

Bedson
  • Has anybody been able to get the TechSec dimensions/annotations to work? They are in the documentation but I can't see them in TechSec.