PDF Viewer - suggested FOSS options

Hi all, I'd love to hear any suggestions on FOSS PDF viewers...
spec;
-viewer
-basic mark-up tools
-FOSS project
I have been using Foxit but now I am fed up with a sales pitch every time I press a button. I am more than happy to contribute to good projects though.

Comments

• Okular is one of the more mature ones. I personally use mupdf but it may be too minimalistic for your taste.

I'm not aware of any FOSS options that do AEC markups (dimension lines, area calcs, scale calibration).

Nigelelschillingsteverugibruno_perdigao
  • Thanks @Moult Installed Okular, it has the basic markup tools and feels fast. I'll try mupdf next

• edited February 21

@Nigel said:
    Hi all, I'd love to hear any suggestions on FOSS PDF viewers...

With these you can open, edit and save as PDF

• LibreOfficeDraw from LibreOffice.
    • Inkscape
      There is also OpenBoard https://openboard.ch/index.en.html
      But if you want something integrated to an AEC workflow, using measurement tools like @Moult says, then I suggest to use FreeCAD or SweetHome3D. Both software allow to import a PDF file as background in your working space, upscale them and work with cad tools on top of your images. (Sorry, SH3D only import image formats)

NigelArvpaullee
  • @Moult said:
    I'm not aware of any FOSS options that do AEC markups (dimension lines, area calcs, scale calibration).

Like FreeCAD and sweetHome3D, Blender could have a scale calibration feature to upscale the background images. This way you could use the Blender 3D tools on the image of plans or BlenderBIM tools or Gracepencil tools... and share presentations or screenshots...

Nigel