Applying EPset_Drawing parameters to the 'Drawing Style'.

edited February 23 in General

Does anyone know what Include Query and Exclude Query does under the Drawing Underlay panel?
Intuitively, i feel it would be the same as Include and Exclude under EPset_Drawing pset.

As a feature request, what's your thoughts of attaching the EPset_Drawing parameters to the 'Drawing Style'? Maybe there's EPset_Status parameters applied to the individual drawing, and the same parameters applied to the 'Drawing Style'. So if a parameter is applied to the drawing, it overrides the same parameter that's applied to the 'Drawing Style'--kinda like type and instance parameters.

JanFAce

Comments

• In other words it would work like 'view templates' in revit or 'view settings' in archicad where you can have instant settings override global settings.

• I'm not sure I follow exactly what your idea is, are you proposing view settings to specifically override the underlay panel or the general active drawing? How far do you get by having view-specific css files? From a usability perspective though, I do think it would make sense that the EPset_Drawing parameters were accessible from the Active Drawing section of the Drawings and Documents tab.

• edited March 4

Let's say you have 100 drawings using the Technical drawing style.
    If you want to change the drawing style of all these drawings, all you have to do is change the drawing style and they all change.
    Let's say all these 100 drawings have their EPset_Status.HumanScale = 1/4" = 1'-0" and you would like to change them all to 1/2" = 1'-0". Currently you would have to go through all 100 drawings individually to change this EPset_Status.HumanScale variable.
    What I'm proposing is to locate EPset_Status.HumanScale property under the drawing style, so you only have to change it once, and then the scale of all the drawings update globally.
    Additionally, I'm proposing that things like the EPset_Status.HumanScale property can still be applied to the individual drawing itself, as well. Such that, if assigned, it will override the global variable set in the drawing style.

It's basically just like 'view templates' in revit, if you're familiar.

tim
  • edited March 5

I agree this is necessary. But wouldn't just using a type be more systematic? We just need to be able to add a type that defines the properties for the annotation/Drawing element don't we? I tried to make a custom IfcTypeProduct and change the ApplicableOccurance, but I don't know how to define the Properties that should be inherited. (it seems to be hardcoded for the different ObjectTypes)

• @JanF Yes, i agree, that would be a more consistent way to approach it.