BBIM | Window sill void and class

Doors in BBIM can have a threshold and their parametric design allows to set its thickness, nice.

What about the window sill? I noticed booleans in Pset_WindowCommon

but how is it done in BIM design?

• do I need to create an additional void and add an extruded element representing the sill
  • extend down the window void in the wall to make space for the sill
  • or..?
  • in any case, do I have to classify the sill as IfcBuildingElementProxyType or is there another way?

thank you for your helpful assistance

Tagged:
Ace

Comments

• I think this can be added as a feature request for the Window modifier @steverugi ! Since it essentially exists already in the door modifier
    @Andrej730 What do you think?

In the meantime, yes as far as Im aware you would need to model it manually and save as an Ifc BuildingElementPart or BuildingElementproxy

steverugi
  • @Ace said:
    I think this can be added as a feature request for the Window modifier @steverugi ! Since it essentially exists already in the door modifier
    @Andrej730 What do you think?

In the meantime, yes as far as Im aware you would need to model it manually and save as an Ifc BuildingElementPart or BuildingElementproxy

Thank you @Ace I am going to place a request soon, cheers

• Hi, sure, open a feature request. I think parametric windows doesn't have sills because they are not parametrically defined in IfcWindow props (e.g. door has threshold depth and thickness in IfcDoorLiningProperties).

Ace