From FreeCad to BlenderBim (Italian House)

Hello I'm newbie both on FreeCad and BBim I've started trying to create a Bim model of a small house. This one is now under construction, I've acted two years ago as consultant of the official engineer in order to make calculations and 2D cad drafting. Now I'm trying to learn bim methodology

After some initial difficulties, i have to say that creating a 3D model was simple enough. I've loved the way creating your own geometry and then classify each entities by IFC schema. Of course, this work is limited because of my poor capabilities using the software.

I apologize if i've opened this thread in the wrong place and i will put some technical questions.
Thank you
emiliotasso

duarteframostlangOwura_quMassimopaulleeNigelbitacovirtheoryshawJohn

Comments

• edited March 27

Hi, well done. Maybe you're interested in joining community.osarch.org/discussion/1918/italy-open-source-aec-meetup#latest

steverugi
  • Hi @emiliotasso :

I apologize if i've opened this thread in the wrong place and i will put some technical questions.

sure post it here if you like
    this platform was for me (and still is) very helpful to sort things out

• @emiliotasso said:
    Hello I'm newbie both on FreeCad and BBim I've started trying to create a Bim model of a small house. This one is now under construction, I've acted two years ago as consultant of the official engineer in order to make calculations and 2D cad drafting. Now I'm trying to learn bim methodology

After some initial difficulties, i have to say that creating a 3D model was simple enough. I've loved the way creating your own geometry and then classify each entities by IFC schema. Of course, this work is limited because of my poor capabilities using the software.

Model looks great! :D

Have a look at some links the FreeCAD Arch/BIM/Draft/Native-IFC developer, Yorik, provides on the Native-IFC development -

https://forum.freecad.org/viewtopic.php?t=17498&start=230
    https://github.com/yorikvanhavre/FreeCAD-NativeIFC
    https://community.osarch.org/discussion/263/freecad-bim-development-news-by-yorik

• Let's go rebaring.

I've started studing the reinforcement workbench in FreeCAD, putting stirrups in strip foundation was easy because i've separated precisely the base slab in a way to reproduce the old drawings made in 2D CAD. Unfortunately such method is not good to model the straight bar at the same time. Maybe will be useful if the reinforcement workbenhch could offer the possibility to create virtual parts drafted only to create reinforcement and then assing the bar to the correct host.

MassimoJohnpaulleesemhustej
  • edited 1:39AM

@emiliotasso said:

Unfortunately such method is not good to model the straight bar at the same time. Maybe will be useful if the reinforcement workbenhch could offer the possibility to create virtual parts drafted only to create reinforcement and then assing the bar to the correct host.

You can post a Feature Request at FreeCAD forum, sounds like a very good feature :D

emiliotasso
  • thank you @paullee,
    I've posted on FreeCAD forum "Draft, Arch & BIM"