IFC Viewer on mobile?

Hello,
Does anyone have a good workflow for getting IFC models onto mobile devices (iOS/Android) WITHOUT having to go through a cloud service (ie.: email the file or share via OneDrive and open directly on device)?
All the ones I have found seem to do processing "on the cloud" at some point and/or require uploading the models to a specific project structure on a cloud service.

duncanJanF

Comments

• @vinnividivicci If you can compile IfcConvert for ARM, (well, the hard part is probably compiling the deps really), then I think you can use IfcConvert to give you a format that is easier to feed into a 3D viewer lib on a phone. Ping @aothms who might know how plausible ARM support is.

I also notice assimp supports Android / iOS. Maybe this is the way to go, but I don't know how good their IFC support is.

vinnividivicciCGR
  • @Moult said:
    @vinnividivicci If you can compile IfcConvert for ARM, (well, the hard part is probably compiling the deps really),

It builds fine for aarch64, though I have never tested these binaries on an actual arm device: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/bpostle/IfcOpenShell/build/1771565/

vinnividivicci
  • Thanks for your input guys! I'm currently leaning towards the simple solution of exporting from Blender directly to glTF (although there seems to be ways to go from IFC straight into glTF using IfcOpenShell and other librairies...), which can basically be viewed anywhere and is an open standard.

Will report back with a demo and a workflow example once it's more streamlined.

• @vinnividivicci yeah use IfcConvert which can output glTF directly :) It's not documented on the main IfcOpenShell website, which is very outdated, but it's there!

vinnividivicci