Does anybody use LibreCAD here?

2»

Comments

• @magicalcloud_75 it's useful to avoid calling software that costs nothing "free software". Instead call it "gratis". The English language desperately needs this difference between gratis and libre. Please don't confuse things (especially here in this group!) by calling Autodesk Trueview and BricsCAD "free software". Alternatively you can call it zero-cost or something similar.

@jtm2020hyo I don't think @Moult was being offended, it's just hard to know someones motives. Developers develop things for all sorts of reasons. What we might think is useful is not always one of them.

• Ah yes to clarify @jtm2020hyo no offense intended or taken :)

• ..is there any answer by LC devs?
    Maybe they could tell us their plans or what is coming for LC?

If not maybe some friend could suggest creates a crowfounding with cool features.

• @jtm2020hyo yeah, not much movement there. I plan to try and get one of them to do a video chat and share it with permission, but that hasn't worked out yet. They don't seem interested in funding and despite having so few developers I can't find much interest in getting more people involved. I think they're just busy people who are in no special hurry. Next step is to have a chat with Andrew from QCAD and try to understand his motives and intentions with libre software - there is some confusion.

• maybe an alternative could be to export all LibreCAD libraries to Python and also add support for Autolisp + DCL + VBA in python.

... this because looks like LibreCAD devs have not as many users as they wish, Autolisp+DCL+VBA has a large number of users.

please do this suggestion to LibreCAD / QCAD devs if anyone knows them.

maybe someone is interested, we could request help to other forums:

https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=56624.0

there exist many forums that maybe could be interested.

• @jtm2020hyo you're very welcome to write to them. The forum is good but the devs are mostly at https://librecad.zulipchat.com/
    The people to talk to are Florian (mostly FC3) and LordOfBikes