learn.osarch.org (Open Source Educational Resources)

13»

Comments

• @gokermu do you know some web coding (tip: this system is very simple by design, so even if you don't, it's easy to pick up!)? If so, check out https://github.com/myoualid/learn-osarch to help contribute.

• @Moult said:
    @gokermu do you know some web coding (tip: this system is very simple by design, so even if you don't, it's easy to pick up!)? If so, check out https://github.com/myoualid/learn-osarch to help contribute.

unfortunately I don't but I can help design thumbnails for categories. right now they are pretty generic images :)

bitacovirduncan
  • Agree that non-generic thumbnails would definitely be preferred!

• @duncan said:
    @SigmaDimensions it's not a useless ping to remind people to sort out their licenses. Wouldn't it be great if was hosted many of these videos on a non-google platform like our own peertube instance? That would require that there are clear copyright statements.

Agreed, I have now bulk updated all videos in Aether Engineering's channel to Creative Commons License.

bitacovirduncan
  • @Moult said:
    Agree that non-generic thumbnails would definitely be preferred!

if others agree, i would create thumbnail images for categories. if there are not other plans for website :)

• edited April 2021

Good icons for the categories sounds like a great idea. I will always come back to the issue that we need to standardize our categories across systems. But as long as you're fine to change some things later then I see no problem. @SigmaDimensions you cool with this?

@gokermu what software are you using for your graphics work?

• @duncan said:
    Good icons for the categories sounds like a great idea. I will always come back to the issue that we need to standardize our categories across systems. But as long as you're fine to change some things later then I see no problem. @SigmaDimensions you cool with this?

@gokermu what software are you using for your graphics work?

I am using Figma weird enough :) and sometimes photopea for quick edits. I use my company device that's why I generally depend on browser based solutions :)

• @gokermu @duncan , agree with all your suggestions! I'll try to push my noob php / javascript skills to try and pull a new website together asap.
    It would be sweet to have our own Thumnails @gokermu ! Thank you for that ! I haven't yet added an admin panel, but who knows, maybe within a few weeks that can surface too !

@duncan -I think you're definetly right about providing links that open up the Youtube Playlists instead of embedding the videos. This would ensure we focus on promoting content creators and their courses, whilst avoiding we repeat the work that was done by the Authors themselves.

• edited July 2021

There were quite a few tags closely related so I've put them all under education. It was not immediately obvious how to do this, but renaming an existing tag to an already existing name gives the option to merge. The different tags were courses, learning, tutorial and things like that. Please in future use education so we can collect all of this topic in one place. If the topic genuinely is more specific than 'education' let me know and we can maybe change the discussion title.

Why did I do this? Mainly to target the discussion more, it was not possible to get an overview of relevant discussion before this change without going in and out of a whole bunch of tags. I hope this makes it easier so we can improve how we support educational resources.

Moult
  • edited December 2021

(Hopefully better formatting. Also added direct links to the playlists)
    I am not sure if this thread is still active or if it is the right place to suggest educational resources. Please do let me know.
    I would suggest to add openFOAM to the list. It is increasingly used in environmental design for wind analysis around buildings for example. Two great resources that I have used are the following. They are generic and not tailored to AEC. OpenFOAM has a quite steep learning curve so you really need to understand the basics.

József Nagy
    Introduction to CFD

CFD Intermediate

Kenneth Hoste
    Introduction to OpenFOAM @ Ghent University

If this is of interest I could go through the videos and make a selection.

Cyriltopologicbrunopostle
  • @SigmaDimensions that would be one for you :-)

• Sweet @ruggieroguida ! Thanks!
    It is indeed the place for listing video tutorials ( and even written courses).
    I'll add it to our site's database- it will appear on learn osarch.org once @tetov or @Moult pull the repository changes