Challenge : Centre Pompidou (Paris - 1977)

edited February 2021 in General

Jeffrey W. Ouellette has suggested an OSArch sample file :
Centre Pompidou (Paris - 1977) :

Image from wikipedia
There was already some modeling challenge on FreeCAD forum :

I personally find this building ugly but taste and color are very personal ^^. If someone give a try on the architectural and structural part. I could give a try on HVAC part (or find someone).

CGRpaullee

Comments

• Here's a direct link to the comment:
    https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6770083929740468224?commentUrn=urn:li:comment:(activity:6770083929740468224,6770373122471419904)

If it was me I would focus on much simpler examples. There is no magic in massive duplication of the same geometry across a large project.

We have a rather ugly page showcasing some of the nicer models of iconic projects. It would be great if that page and those projects saw some love and care.
    https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=Architecture_3D_models_created_in_FreeCAD

CyrilOpuspaullee
  • I just have been searching the net for a photo without the work scaffolding around the building. A photo of the finished building. Than realized, this is part of the building ...

CyrilMoultduncanCoen
  • @berndt I think Centre Pompidou is a really interesting project. It would be a good use case for construction process modelling and building maintenance planning. I learned that the toilets can also be relocated on the exhibition floors so there are fittings hidden in the floor like you'd see for a fire hose - but they're for sewerage. You wouldn't want to get them mixed up with each other in a fire drill!

JanF
  • The problem with rebuilding existing projects is that you rely on the available documentation and that defines your workflow to a large extent.
    By the way I started playing with speckle and it seems ro work great for cooperative projects (or maybe I'm just too lazy to open GitHub and hack on the demo houses and learn how it works) does anybody here ( @Moult ehm) know if they're going to support blenderbim soon?

• @JanF said:
    By the way I started playing with speckle and it seems ro work great for cooperative projects (or maybe I'm just too lazy to open GitHub and hack on the demo houses and learn how it works) does anybody here ( @Moult ehm) know if they're going to support blenderbim soon?

Speckle-py is ready for 2.0 (alpha or bêta)
    According to roadmap Blender connector is supposed to be released soon.
    About supporting blender bim addon, I would rather say it is a matter of supporting IFC schema. It is a work which has to be done. I currently try to make a prototype.

JanFMoult