Speckle Community Meetup

Hey there folks! @Jesusbill is in touch with us re the next OSArch meetup, but I thought I'd pop by and do a cross post on our Speckle meetup next week (March 25, 2021 4:30 PM GMT → March 25, 2021 5:30 PM). Here's some more info: https://speckle.community/t/community-standup/951/23.

If anyone's curious and wants to join, feel free! All discussion topics are welcome. Sometimes the conversation can be a bit opaque to non-specklers, but we're super keen on fresh eyes forcing us out of old jargon. See you soon - either in one meetup or the other :)

Tagged:
Cyrilduncan

Comments

• Sounds great @dimitrie thanks! I will try to attend

dimitrie
  • @dimitrie I think this would be great to add to the OSArch Events calendar! https://osarch.org/events/ - I can grant you access to it - would you be interested in posting any Speckle events on it? Over time, the OSArch Events calendar can hopefully be a melting pot for people looking out for FOSS events in AEC!

dimitrieJesusbill
  • edited March 2021

Hi @Moult, sure! we have actually been struggling a bit with how to post a stupid simple calendar invite link around. More than happy to post it to the osarch events cal :)

Let me know how access is managed, etc. (i'll be looking out for the email from you)!

• edited March 2021

@dimitrie
    Wednesday is the 24th (not 25th)

Our Community Standup is happening next Wednesday at 16:30 UK time! March 25, 2021 5:30 PM → March 25, 2021 6:30 PM

It would be so great if we could host a calendar for lost of relevant projects. Make it so much easier for all of us and anyone new. Great if you @dimitrie want to put speckle in there. I've just tweeted the date to our OSArch Twitter.

dimitrie
  • Oups. Our bad re date. I can confirm its Wednesday (24th, not 25th!). Otherwise, happy to provide content for that calendar, as much as we've got energy to do so!

duncan
  • edited March 2021

@dimitrie I have given you access to the Wordpress backend of OSArch.org and sent you a PM with your access details (please change your details!) You should see the "Events" section on the navigation on the left. After you add an event, an email notification will be sent out to all OSArch subscribers, so maybe double check before submitting :)

Let me know if you don't see it - I assume the "Editor" role has access to it but I might be wrong.

dimitrie
  • Will do, and will double check! Just realising it's actually happening tomorrow, and i'm quite behind with so many things :D If I have any access issues I'll DM.

• Hey @dimitrie it's been great to meet you guys and follow the meetup, looks like you have put together a great team 👍👍
    And I'm sure the OSArch community will appreciate the Blender connector you've been developing 😀
    See ya in a couple of weeks I guess!

dimitrieduncanJanF