OSArch's initiatives directory

edited May 2021 in General

Does OSArch have a directory of its projects?
Is there a wiki page or something with a list of OSArch's projects names, links to forum discussion or links to file repositories, names of developers?

Tagged:
paullee

Comments

• In my opinion "OSArch" doesn't have any projects. We have members who are working on projects. Until we have some kind of membership and project incubator / developer network then we can't really claim any ownership or credit as "OSArch". So I just push constantly the message that we support good projects and our supporters work on many things. But our software pages should absolutely link to all the things you mentioned. The ones I've been over lately do exactly that and it's part of the standard software infobox on the wiki https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=Special:WhatLinksHere/Template:Infobox_software

• This discussion might be continued here: Organizational Structure and Governance of OSArch

• I agree that OSArch does not have any software projects. OSArch is a community and mutually agreed branding to represent a set of ideals to congregate around - therefore, some projects may declare their support for OSArch.

OSArch does however, have some "non-product" initiatives. For example, we have an initiative to manage this forum. We have an initiative to collect and share knowledge via the Wiki. We have an initiative to collect video courses via Learn.OSArch. We have an initiative to a have a virtual monthly meetup and presentation to share knowledge. We have an initiative to have a live chatroom across many projects and developers. We have an initiative to publish news articles via the main webpage. In the future, maybe we can have initiatives for fundraising. Maybe we can have initiatives for physical annual meetups, or hackathons, or events. Maybe we can have initiatives for self-hosting community screencasting and video call.

duncanJesusbill