If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

Who is Talmacsi on the Wiki?

Can anyone tell me who this is? Talmacsi has made some interesting additions to the wiki I want to discuss. https://wiki.osarch.org/index.php?title=Special:Contributions/Talmacsi
I was tempted to say we should drop spending time on abbreviations and just link to explanations in other places. Now I'm inclined instead to suggest a page specifically to list relevant abbreviations ... some of them are not easy to find by searching the net.

Tagged:

Comments

• edited May 2021

Now I'm inclined instead to suggest a page specifically to list relevant abbreviations ...

An abbreviations page could help for a better understanding by users with other languages. At the beginning, I could not understand the posts of several users because of the intense use of English abbreviations. It was a real barrier to have a constructive discussion.
    In fact, I would recommend do not use abbreviations in the posts., if it is possible.

• My mother taught me that the first time in each text one should always write three letter acronyms (TLA) like this so you can later refer to TLA and be sure people know what you mean :-)

JanFhtlcnnstephen_lCoen