At IFC.js we are talking about creating synergies with other OSArch projects and becoming part of this ecosystem. We are doing this thread as a brainstorming session.
We had a very productive talk with @Moult in which several interesting ways of collaboration were mentioned:
- Referencing OSArch on our website.
- Think about functionality overlaps between IFC.js and IfcOpenShell, so that we can save time and make both libraries go further. In both projects we are looking for more developers, so looking for common pieces can be a smart strategy.
- Leverage the work of IFC Authoring and nodes that Dion mentioned.
- Look for collaborations with BlenderBIM (e. g. take a Blender model and bring it directly to a web viewer for sharing).
- Link IFC.js to OpenSourceBIM for possible funding we may receive.
We are open to any other ideas or suggestions!