Create a Digital Twin using IFC

A word from building smart https://technical.buildingsmart.org/create-a-digital-twin-using-ifc/

Create a Digital Twin using IFC

buildingSMART is inviting presentations for a keynote at the upcoming User Conference being held virtually on Thursday 28th and Friday 29th April 2022. For a chance to present at the event, submit your proposal for a presentation on this page. Add a title, short description, and an image, making sure it is informative and to the point.

This is also the page to vote for ideas and proposals you want to see at the User Conference. You have 5 votes each to help your preferred proposals get to the top of the leader board! If you change your mind or prefer a new proposal, you can retract and re-allocate your vote at any time.

Some guidelines:

We are looking for the next generation of digital twins based on IFC. These guidelines are designed to drive the concept that digital twins can be underpinned by IFC, and related information can be federated for real-world use. We encourage the community to vote on the best examples and the top 3 will be invited to present during the opening plenary of the user conference.

The submission can also include:

Demonstration of the digital twin using IFC
Open data formats as a foundation for the digital twins
Other data standards (such as CityGML) would be advantageous
Inclusion of other buildingSMART services (such as bSDD) would also be advantageous

bSI reserves the right to invite interesting projects to future events if they don’t meet the required votes.

Timeline:

18th February: platform officially open to submit your presentation suggestions
1st April: last day to submit your presentation suggestions
6th April: last day to cast your votes!
8th April: successful candidates informed
25th April: all presentation materials to have been delivered by successful candidates

Questions? Reach out to Dan Little.

Tagged:
Nigel

Comments

• Anyone here got anything interesting - let them know. Make sure to let friends know if they have an interesting project.

• edited February 2022

Slightly related for inspiration:

The city of Zwolle made a digital twin of their city.

They made the information publicly available here:
    www.zwolle.nl/kaarten

• edited February 2022

@Coen said:

They made the information publicy available here:
    www.zwolle.nl/kaarten

wow that is impressive

• @Nigel said:

@Coen said:

They made the information publicy available here:
    www.zwolle.nl/kaarten

wow that is impressive

Kind of cool that you can live see how many parking places are available in each parking garage in Zwolle, saves driving around and fuel.

• edited February 2022

I want to try this with my son's VR headset. I have tried a house model in Blender with VR, it's very cool

• @Coen thank you for putting on to the Zwolle city website as I have now discovered the art of carbide shooting and I can find an approved location to carry out the art :)

Coen
  • Ah that's a pity I'm working on a collaboration with Johnson Controls and Brickschema to show live sensor data and link with BMS systems. Unfortunately I don't think we can make the dates :(