BlenderBIM: Advanced Geometries

BlenderBIM supports many geometries when importing Ifcs, as I understand it (even clothoids right?). But I am still struggling with creating precise genometric objects directly in Blender that go beyond extrusions.
What is the best way to create something like revolved profiles? Or swept disc geometries?

Comments

• edited March 2022

You might know this already, but in vanilla Blender, there's this functionality.
    It does seem that some stuff like rebar survives a round trip, into a beveled curve.
    I'm not quite sure, however, to replicate this. Haven't found how to do it from scratch yet.
    Here's a post that talks about creating a profile editor in BB, that might interest you, as well.

• Also, would suggest playiing around with any reinforcing files here.

• @theoryshaw said:
    You might know this already, but in vanilla Blender, there's this functionality.
    It does seem that some stuff like rebar survives a round trip, into a beveled curve.
    I'm not quite sure, however, to replicate this. Haven't found how to do it from scratch yet.
    Here's a post that talks about creating a profile editor in BB, that might interest you, as well.

Don't you need to convert "extruded profiles along a path" to a mesh before exporting to IFC?