Reassign IFC Class and PSets

edited January 2022 in General

Hi everyone,
when I am trying to reassign to an object a new IFC Class and create its PSet, it does not get values from first class.
Let's give some examples:

IfcDoor object has IsExternal property and if I reassign that object for example as IfcWall, I have to give that value of same property for new class. I mean, it won't be taken from IfcDoor.
I am testing in that way because sometimes the IfcClasses are not being assinged by Revit. If I would like to edit it in BlenderBIM, I would then have to enter values again.
Does it make sense?

Comments

• I believe reassigning the IFC class will not change any property sets at all. It will maintain all existing property sets, even if invalid.

You can then use @vpajic 's new bulk property renaming features to also change these properties as you see fit.

denizmaral
  • @Moult said:
    I believe reassigning the IFC class will not change any property sets at all. It will maintain all existing property sets, even if invalid.

You can then use @vpajic 's new bulk property renaming features to also change these properties as you see fit.

Thank you for quick reply Dion! I will take a look and tell you about result.
    All the best,
    Deniz

• Stupid question: why can't I see the Bulk Editor in last developer release for Mac?

• I'm surprised you got the latest Github release working for you - there is a known issue with the Github builds that is still not yet fixed.

If you did get it working, it's under the Object Properties tab, under the IFC Utilities panel, then IFC Bulk Property Editor.

• edited January 2022

@Moult said:
    I'm surprised you got the latest Github release working for you - there is a known issue with the Github builds that is still not yet fixed.

If you did get it working, it's under the Object Properties tab, under the IFC Utilities panel, then IFC Bulk Property Editor.

It did not work for developer builds of Blender. After I installed a stable version (3.0 for Mac), it works now :D

Edit: after reboot of Mac, it does not work. Really weird.