Error message while working

Hi, I am having problem with my ifc file. i have come across this error while working and not able to salvage my file. any tips on how to get this sorted. I have attached the ifc file too
Python: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/arun/.config/blender/3.3/scripts/addons/blenderbim/bim/module/project/operator.py", line 533, in execute bpy.ops.bim.load_project_elements() File "/home/arun/Apps/blender-3.3.1-linux-x64/3.3/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py", line 113, in __call__ ret = _op_call(self.idname_py(), None, kw) RuntimeError: Error: Python: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/home/arun/.config/blender/3.3/scripts/addons/blenderbim/bim/module/project/operator.py", line 590, in execute ifc_importer.execute() File "/home/arun/.config/blender/3.3/scripts/addons/blenderbim/bim/import_ifc.py", line 261, in execute self.clean_mesh() File "/home/arun/.config/blender/3.3/scripts/addons/blenderbim/bim/import_ifc.py", line 1281, in clean_mesh obj.select_set(True) RuntimeError: Error: Object 'IfcMember/Member.014' can't be selected because it is not in View Layer 'ViewLayer'! Location: /home/arun/Apps/blender-3.3.1-linux-x64/3.3/scripts/modules/bpy/ops.py:113
I also get this box which I assume maybe to resolve the error. Not sure what the options mean though :(

Thanks

66.ifc 30.9K

Comments

• I would first make sure that all the collections in your outliner are included.

In Blender trying to select an object that is not part of the current view layer (in an excluded collection or in a collection that is not linked to the current view layer) will throw an error. Error: Object 'IfcMember/Member.014' can't be selected because it is not in View Layer 'ViewLayer'!

Coen
  • Thanks for the reply @Gorgious . I had not saved this as a .blend file and this is just an .ifc file. I have got this resolved now. Following is my workflow to get this working

• In the ifc file that I have attached, there are 15 IfcMember entities and the outliner shows only 14 of them (I am not sure why was this difference. error started popping up midway while I was trying to save the .ifc file)
    • I have then singled out the entity that wasnt showing in the blender outliner
    • I have used the ifcopenshell api ifcopenshell.util.element.remove_deep2 to remove this entity and then saved the file to a new location