If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

Reuse and disassembly in Construction : from Abyss to Zen

edited May 2023 in General

Let's start this gaping discussion about the reuse and deconstruction of our built environment and how it fits into our open source approach !
Here we focus on adaptive reuse and components/elements/materials reuse as part of a circular economy model for construction.

As this is a very broad and complex topic, this first post provides a list of references and links to be completed as we go along. Feel free to share your expertise and contribute ! Perhaps we can reuse this base later for the wiki.
Thank you all for keeping the discussion constructive

A for Actors, Advocates, Agencies and compAnies

Africa

Asia

Europe

Oceania

North America

South America

B for Books and puBlications

• WOODCOCK G. David, STEWARD W. Cecil, FORRESTER R. Alan, Adaptive reuse : issues and case studies in building preservation, 1988, ISBN 9780442208158
  • BRAND Steward, How Buildings Learn: What Happens After They’re Built, 1994, ISBN 978-0-670-83515-7
  • DURMISEVIC Elma, Transformable building structures: Design for dissassembly as a way to introduce sustainable engineering to building design & construction, 2006, ISBN 978-90-9020341-6 (link)
  • GORGOLEWSKI Mark, Resource Salvation: The Architecture of Reuse, 2017, ISBN: 978-1-118-92877-6
  • IKE, ZHAW et al., Reuse in Construction, A Compendium of Circular Architecture, 2022, ISBN 978-3-03860-295-8

C for Case studies and Constructions

D for Design, Dimensions, Drawing and Documentation

E for Education, rEsearch and learning Experiences

H for Heritage and History

L for Legislation, guideLines and poLicies

M for Materials and coMponents

N for Network and iNitiatives

R for Resources, Reduce, Reuse and Recycle

T for Tools and Technology

Z for Zen not Zombie