If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

BlenderBim - Annotation Performance

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has ideas around this,
I am busy trying to do an (Site Development Plan) SDP for a project in BlenderBim, which is 90% 2D annotation, and for the first time ever BlenderBim is lagging for me hahah,

So I was wondering if there is a performance boost using Multi-literals as groups of text over separate text items?

I've got 400-ish parking bays which each have a text label, but just the bay number, but that's 400 empties that have essentially sequential repeated spacing, I can't see a way to add a literal horizontally but if that would help I can definitely get creative.

Any other performance things we might consider? It's been so performative overall I've not even had to consider it until now.

carlopavbaswein

Comments

• Are you sure it's text annotations?
    If you add something like .IfcAnnotation[ObjectType="TEXT"] to EPset_Drawing.Exclude and reactivate the drawing view it's any more performant?

• Hey @Andrej730 I'm talking about viewport performance, printing to SVG is still lightning fast.
    just deactivating viewport annotations improves performance,

@Andrej730 said:
    Are you sure it's text annotations?
    If you add something like .IfcAnnotation[ObjectType="TEXT"] to EPset_Drawing.Exclude and reactivate the drawing view it's any more performant?

Excluding the text also improved performance dramatically