5th September 20:00 UTC Monthly Meetup

edited November 2020 in General

Almost one week away from the monthly meetup and we have not made any plans yet.
Any ideas for the keynote presentation or other content to be discussed?

Tagged:
paullee

Comments

• I had reached out to Maximilian Thumfart (creator of vi-sense) who might talk about vi-sense. He had said yes in the past but I haven't heard since. I've been a little busy so sorry to have dropped the ball on this one.

I can give a presentation of the newer features in the BlenderBIM Add-on if that sounds interesting.

paulleeJesusbillbrunopostlecarlopav
  • edited August 2020

Since more people are getting involved, Maybe:

• Rundown of BlenderBIM features
    • Organizing IFC structure in BlenderBIM
    • Q&A session
    • BlenderBIM tips& Tricks
    • Organization of Documentation & Tutorials
    • Participation in Documentation and Tutorials
    carlopav
  • Cheers - please fill out your details here if you can make it - for now, happy to give a BlenderBIM Add-on update as the main talk: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19EzmthOp5hGYFTZCgOIm51n7hvcp_F8nB_XLYeTJ0zU/edit#gid=0

• I'd certainly like to take a moment to talk about how the wiki is developing and discuss if it's heading in the right direction. I'd love to hear from someone using mediawiki for documentation how they're approaching it. I just don't feel it's the best tool for the job, but if it's what we've got then I want to discuss some strategies. @yorik @baswein & others are active on the FreeCAD documentation wiki. Maybe you could share your thoughts? (not in this thread though, please use the website thread)

Cyril
  • For the record, just confirmed that Maximilian Thumfart can't make next week, and is postponed to October.

Jesusbill
  • @duncan said:
    @yorik @baswein & others are active on the FreeCAD documentation wiki. Maybe you could share your thoughts? (not in this thread though, please use the website thread)

We've hat various discussions about documentation system and MediaWiki. There is a common sense about the fact there are much more better systems for documentation than MediaWiki. But there was no uniform opinion about which system would fit best. Another problem is the current system. How to get all the data into the new system. This would be an huge work no one is willing to do.

My opinion. Since osarch is much more general a page collecting information about some subject a Wiki fits much more as it fits for documentation of a software. If you have something in mind switch soon. The wiki grows and grows and as much more data as more complicate is a move to another system.
    Bernd

• @Moult:
    may be showing some features how to use BlenderBIM as IFC viewer. This would include how to create sections and how to filter the object viewing by attributes.

• Do we have to subscribe somehow, in order to participate? I'd be interested to attend but I'm not sure that I can.

Opus
  • @bernd sure - @duncan can speak first, and I can also have an informal presentation about where things are at.

@JQL if you'd like an email reminder, you can put your details here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19EzmthOp5hGYFTZCgOIm51n7hvcp_F8nB_XLYeTJ0zU/edit#gid=0 - it's this weekend.

duncan
  • I assume there's going to be a recording again? I can unfortunately not join online.

• @JanF said:
    I assume there's going to be a recording again? I can unfortunately not join online.

Yes

JanFpaullee
  • I will try to participate this time. If I can't I will surely watch the recordings.

• Sorry to miss the discussion today- I'm looking forward to watching the recording.

• Hi, I didn't receive any email with the link to participate. I think I may be able to.

• @JQL said:
    Hi, I didn't receive any email with the link to participate. I think I may be able to.

Great, the meeting will start in about 40 minutes

• @JQL the link is always the same: https://meet.jit.si/openbim I've added that to the wiki page

JQL
  • Video available ? Thanks :)

• Hi guys,
    Haven't been there for the past sessions, could anyone share the recordings please. Also are the sessions still going on?