Format conversion between IFC and IFCXML, have good tools?

A recent project needs to verify the conversion efficiency between IFC and IFCXML. I know that Revit can complete the format conversion, but I don't know other tools. Please recommend some tools to me!Thx!

PS: I like tags.

Tagged:

Comments

• Be aware that xml from revit-ifc is clearly outdated as I reported it in this issue

• @shanmama If you are referring to conversion from IFC XML to IFC SPF, then try IfcOpenShell + the BlenderBIM Add-on, as we now have support for it. If it is the other way around, from IFC SPF to IFC XML, I have heard good things about Jon Mirtschin's work in GeometryGym. It is not open source, but please do give it a try.

shanmama
  • @Moult said:
    @shanmama If you are referring to conversion from IFC XML to IFC SPF, then try IfcOpenShell + the BlenderBIM Add-on, as we now have support for it. If it is the other way around, from IFC SPF to IFC XML, I have heard good things about Jon Mirtschin's work in GeometryGym. It is not open source, but please do give it a try.

Fine! Thanks again for your selfless help.

• might be not a good solution for you, but my one is just: Never ever use ifcxml. Convince all project members not to use. No matter how but convince them. This has been the only proper working solution for me.

I have no idea what this ifcxml is useful for except a lot of headache.

bernd

Jesusbill
  • Yeah, I should probably mention in case it wasn't obvious - IFC XML is highly immature compared to IFC SPF. There are a lot of dialects floating around and if I recall correctly even many of the official IFC documentation examples have IFC XML bugs. Jon is the only developer I know who seems to be taking it seriously.

I'm curious why you want to play with it? Is it purely academic, or?

• @Moult said:
    Yeah, I should probably mention in case it wasn't obvious - IFC XML is highly immature compared to IFC SPF. There are a lot of dialects floating around and if I recall correctly even many of the official IFC documentation examples have IFC XML bugs. Jon is the only developer I know who seems to be taking it seriously.

I'm curious why you want to play with it? Is it purely academic, or?

It is just an idea of a design company. As developers, we can only accept and adapt to their unreasonable demands.