BlenderBIM Search for class or property

edited February 2021 in General
  • How Do I select all IfcDoor or IfcWindow etc?
  • How Do I select all object with "Beton" in the object name?
    • How Do I select all object with "Beton" in the type?

Comments

• edited February 2021

Questions like this could easily go in to the https://community.osarch.org/discussion/345/random-blenderbim-questions-troubleshooting in the future.

For search by class you can use scene/ bim/ select ifc class
    For the rest scene/ifc search

• In the latest version, things have moved around. The search panel gives you what you're after.

To find those of the type "Beton", go to an object of a type you want to select, then in the object properties this button will select all of that type:

• @JanF I have to say I don't agree with the approach of collecting lots of small questions in one thread. It doesn't make them easier to find later. Surely what makes them easier to find later is clear names for the discussion.

CGRtheoryshaw
  • @duncan said:
    @JanF I have to say I don't agree with the approach of collecting lots of small questions in one thread. It doesn't make them easier to find later. Surely what makes them easier to find later is clear names for the discussion.

I'd prefer to try to keep the wiki up to date and react to these questions with a wiki article, rather than teach people to dig through old forum threads, but I understand what you mean, should we standardize this?
    I'll add a wiki article about search and colouring later this week.

• @JanF I agree, but that's just not something I see happening much on the wiki.

• Believe Wiki is the way to go.. a general BlenderBIM FAQ / HOW TO will be great.. if I don't find time to start it, hopefully someone feels up to the challenge

• The wiki will always and quite naturally be behind the latest developments. So having discussions identifiable in the forum is a good start. Sometimes it's enough to start a page which just references an important discussion, I've seen that done a few times around bits of IfcOpenShell.

CGR
  • edited February 2021

thanks Moult

in the regard of the other topic ... I can tell you how it is done in FreeCAD FEM, the part I am the maintainer of.

• I do not have time to do much on the wiki. I am aware off, this is very bad but it has been the reality for years.
    • If someone comes to the forum with a question I do answer the question.
    • If the question comes again, I do search for the old forum entry which takes me some time.
    • If the question comes again, I again do search for the old forum entry. Some times it takes me more than ten minutes.
    • If the above has happend a few times I am mad with myself and I make a wiki entry.
    • On the next time I post the wiki link and be really happy ...
    • Thats real live ...
    JohnduncanJesusbill
  • edited February 2021

@duncan @JanF @DADA_universe

Have started a BlenderBIM_Add-on_FAQ on wiki, looks like this might overlap with the page BlenderBIM Useful Tips
    Not Sure about the choice of formatting, any ideas are welcome

Johnduncan
  • @CadGiru I've added {{BlenderBIM_Add-on_Documentation}} to both pages so they now are part of the category. It's quite a good category of pages.