Sharing core functionality instead of disparate implementations across Blender addons

2»

Comments

• @kcress no need for geometry, coordinates are good enough :) coordinates should be global, which I will then project onto the camera view.

Either coordinates pairs, or if you handle a "dimension string" as a list, I can handle that too. Keep in mind the coordinate order matters, since that determines which side the dimension numbers appear. The distance between coordinates must be the same as the dimension number.

globalcitizen
  • edited June 2020

@Moult Sorry just getting around to writing this tonight. It's committed to the master branch now so you should be able to test it out, the function 'blenderBIM_get_coords(context)' is in a new file called 'measureit_arch_external_utils.py', it returns a list each dimensions co-ordinate pairs like this '[[[-1.0, -1.0, 1.0], [-1.0, 1.0, 1.0]], [[-1.0, 1.0, 1.0], [1.0, 1.0, 1.0]]]' pairs are always ordered smallest to largest along the dominant axis of the dimension. Let me know if works, or if I need to make any changes to the sorting!

Right now it's only implimented for MeasureIt-ARCH's aligned dimensions, but it should be fairly straightforward to create a function for annotations and other dimension types once we know this is working.

Moult
  • MeasureIt Arch compatibility will land in archipack 2.3.1
    Get best of both worlds, manipulable with real time update, single click to add "measured points", global style.

basweintlangDADA_universeMoultkcressglobalcitizenAce
  • @stephen_l said:
    MeasureIt Arch compatibility will land in archipack 2.3.1
    Get best of both worlds, manipulable with real time update, single click to add "measured points", global style.

Cool!, will there be integration with BlenderBIM?

Ace