[BlenderBIM] Versioning/Phasing?

2»

Comments

• I think Ifc search already does this to an extent, Just not as a toggle you have to isolate the element using Blender functions
    Here's a video showing it being used:

@2:00 roughly

I can't seem to understand how it should work to get the Status though

• edited November 2022

Just revisiting this, may be one for @Moult but am I right in thinking that the following should filter all ifcElements by their Status? If so it would allow creation of drawings and cameras to represent different phases for documentation.

• Bump. As suggested by @Moult I think a better approach for phasing within small projects would be to use groups. So different .ifc classes can be grouped under a single phase.

Problem im now facing is filtering groups using the include/exclude field in the drawing pset.

Storeys can be filtered using '@' and then the guid for the level, anyone kniw if a sinilar approach works with groups?

• I'm just finishing off the year but going to be on holiday very soon, and will experiment and comment here @ChubbyQuark , you seem to know groups better than me, I've yet to get them to work nicely

• OK, let me know how you get on. They are fairly straight forward to create and add/remove elements. The bit I'm struggling with is how to include or exclude as part of drawing creation.

I'll use the hack theoryshaw mentioned for now, create a dummy level and use this as a phase to filter elements in bulk. Have a good break.

Ace
  • As it stands the only way to create phase filters, without custom Psets, is to apply the the status to each .Ifc element. Groups (by phase) could be a good workaround until phasing is completely supported.

Should we also be able to phase .IfcOpeningElements? They can be assigned a Pset and filtered using the IFC Selector in BB but this isn't reflected when the model is printed.

Ace
  • edited February 2023

Screen grab of the Pset assigned to the OpeningElement

This requirement occurs quite often when doing refurbishment projects. E.g. the requirement to put a NEW opening in an EXISTING building element, Wall, Slab, Roof, etc. To date, I haven't found a way to do this this elegantly.

Ace
  • @ChubbyQuark said:
    Should we also be able to phase .IfcOpeningElements? They can be assigned a Pset and filtered using the IFC Selector in BB but this isn't reflected when the model is printed.

Absolutely!

• @ChubbyQuark said:
    Digging into the .ifc a little and the status is called out per element, I wonder if a UI toggle could be created to filter all items of a specific status?

Picking up from what you were asking here, which I did not understand at the time hahah

https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/issues/2945

• There is also now a dedicated phasing panel, and a new unofficial EPset_Status, and the ability to copy enum properties. This makes it easy to control phasing without having to build a search filter.

carlopavCoenAce
  • It's making phasing much easier!

• @Moult Is there any way holes like these left over from demolished elements could be automatically filled somehow?

• Good news! Does this need to be passed by Building SMART for full schema validation?

• @Ace yeah we'd need to build a tool for it.

@ChubbyQuark it is valid to buildingSMART, but for the shortcomings in buildingSMART we provide our own "recommended" extension. It's still valid.

theoryshawAce
  • filling holes from demolished openings like doors and windows requires new construction, this would need to be shown in the model and plans and quantified or am I understanding this wrong?

• @Nigel you are correct. It would be nice to have a tool to auto generate these fills and auto assign to the correct status.

• edited August 2023

@Moult said:
    @Nigel you are correct. It would be nice to have a tool to auto generate these fills and auto assign to the correct status.

Yes and with the flexibility to use a different wall type for fill, example a CMU wall, window removed, timber frame and plasterboard to fill opening.

• Please maintain the possibility to have no filling at all, if you want a removed door to become a doorway instead.

• @wmi yes, as a general design principle we never enforce workflows, we only optionally allow tools to be used on top.