If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

BlenderBIM meeting for students in The Hague, Netherlands.

Recenlty someone reached out to me from a university/college located in the Hague.
He asked me if I was willing to provide a workshop/demo about BlenderBIM/IFC or to students and maybe other interested people.

I've said yes, I think it's an oppurtunity to get people more familiar and excited with BlenderBIM.

What would be an interesting thing to show which gets people excited?

Tagged:

Comments

1. I think using IFC from other programmes like from Rhino or Sketchup would help show how easy the 2d documentation is
    2. Although I haven't used it much but the line to wall tool in the BIM tool is super cool to watch, it seems like it has a lot of potential for sketch design stuff
    3. Lastly using Blender tools & addons and converting it to an IfcProxy element for 2d documentation and BIM/quantity stuff is very cool
      Geometry nodes/BlenderGIS/Sverchok are all amazing

and finishing it by pulling out sqm and quantities, gives it some serious legitimacy

The pipeline for me of:
    Openstreetmap -> BlenderGIS -> Ifcspaces for massing
    is just magic

Topologic / Homebuilder / Ifcnodes are very cool but a bit complex to introduce at first I think?

Coentheoryshaw
  • Portions of this might help https://blenderbim.org/docs/users/exploring_an_ifc_model.html

This is my goto presentation for newcomers:

CoenAce
  • @Ace

a bit complex to introduce at first I think?

What I was thinking too, maybe a bit ofsimple little use-cases. Like creating an IfcWallType, selecting and modifying it. Adding data to, getting information out of the model.

If i speak for myself when I got a bunch of information thrown at me I forget half of it.

But there is just so much cool stuff to show :-D

• Ya probably small use cases,
    A single cool thing will probably stick in their minds more than a tonne of stuff