[BlenderBIM] IFC Booleans

Hello, I have two questions about IFC Booleans :
1. Is there a way to make a tessellated boolean part of an IcfColumnType defined by an IfcMaterialProfileSetUsage? Or do I have to represent the IfcColumnType itself by a tessellation? I have to repeat this column :
2. Can we boolean an IfcElement with an other IfcElement, for example an IfcBeam with another IfcBeam? I have to model that :

Ace

Comments

• A parametric IfcMaterialProfileSetUsage does not support booleans at the type level, you'll need to either add the booleans at every occurrence, or not use a parametric profile set (you can use a tessellation, an extrusion, a CSG, etc).

No, you can only boolean an object by a separate void or opening, which is currently not in any way linked to another object. Though we might want to add this feature as an unofficial convention to extend / prototype IFC for this usage.

CoenRaphaëlVouilloz
  • @Moult are booleans and halfspacesolids still under development?

• @theoryshaw yes, there's still a few things I'd like to do, such as differentiating between extruded booleans and tessellated booleans, allowing the editing of booleans (not just remove / add), and a few more automatic booleans (e.g. wall extend to roof).

But the basic features should be there, so go ahead and report bugs! :)

Ace