[BlenderBIM] - Beginner Tutorial - Multistorey building in 40mins

AceAce
edited March 2023 in General

This thread is to discuss this video tutorial:

Sorry the vid is a bit long I try to keep them short but this one was not getting any shorter hahah
Have any Q's or suggestions for a better workflow? Put them here!
Resources found here:

• Plan to trace
  • 800 door
  • AU IFC4 Library
  • Completed IFC file to play around with

theoryshawbrunopostlebasweinMoultRaphaëlVouilloztlangBedsonCoenArvDADA_universeand 8 others.

Comments

• This is an incredible video. I learned a lot and even better you helped discover a bug during the tutorial which is now fixed: https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/commit/2c4a0669ed0ee94a85c503c8aab8eafb2971fc32

bitacovirAceThinkWithP_bodyvictorklixtoCadGiruGuileoni
  • I was looking at the clip on how you scale the image, never thought of that.
    But like anything in Blender, everything can be done in several ways.
    I also saw some other clip, that someone used the 3D cursor to set as origin on an image. And then scaled it with a reference object.
    I can't find the clip anymore, which is really frustrating me because I forgot on how to do it :-(.
    What would be the fastest way of scaling an image in Blender?

• @Coen said:
    I was looking at the clip on how you scale the image, never thought of that.
    But like anything in Blender, everything can be done in several ways.
    I also saw some other clip, that someone used the 3D cursor to set as origin on an image. And then scaled it with a reference object.
    I can't find the clip anymore, which is really frustrating me because I forgot on how to do it :-(.
    What would be the fastest way of scaling an image in Blender?

Found it, just set the 3D Cursor, select the image.
    Press the . key. Will create a pivot point, now you can scale from this point

Just found this 2 second explainer in a youtube tutorial of 19 minutes ?

Acevictorklixto