Concept Architecture with Blender

Hi Everyone, I've recently compiled a fairly extensive catalogue of conceptual architecture that I have done over the years with Blender. You can find it here: https://uhstudio.com/concept-architecture

Tagged:
CyrilbitacovirtheoryshawvictorklixtoDADA_universepaulleecarlopavCoenbasweinAceand 2 others.

Comments

• Looking good, reminds of Zaha Hadid architecture if you don't mind me saying.

• That's the stuff of nightmare for strucural engineers and concrete makers but I really dig the alien, freeform and futuristic explorations.

It's always a treat to follow your workflow on your youtube videos, too.

• @Coen said:
    Looking good, reminds of Zaha Hadid architecture if you don't mind me saying.

Thanks. My master's programme has been and continues to be the training ground for a large majority of designers that work or have worked at Zaha. Back, then I wanted to be the rebel and work somewhere else. Silly me. 🤣

@Gorgious said:
    That's the stuff of nightmare for strucural engineers and concrete makers but I really dig the alien, freeform and futuristic explorations.

It's always a treat to follow your workflow on your youtube videos, too.

Yes, it can be. But that's how the professions develops. Many of these types of structures are metal structure with facade panels. Perfect case study is Grand Rabat Theatre by ZHA. Structure by AKT II (https://www.akt-uk.com/projects/grand-theatre-de-rabat/), and facade by Newtecnic (https://newtecnic.com/grand-thatre-de-rabat-morocco).
    One of the craziest things I've seen is the Stuttgart Train station rebar supports by Werner Sobek - https://www.wernersobek.com/projects/s21-chalice-supports/

carlopav
  • One of the craziest things I've seen is the Stuttgart Train station rebar supports by Werner Sobek

Reminds me of Arnhem Station

Ace
  • I have mixed feelings about seeing these structures in real life. The improvements in the computation fields and the hyper fibered concrete and custom steel structures made these achievable, and I'm glad.

They are engineering feats, they make pretty renders, and they make my mind wander in exotic places. But considering a technical standpoint, I have trouble to make sense of how these will be lived / used by actual people.

Where I live pigeon / seagull / starling poop is a real problem for any structure that is more than shoulder height. How will the cleaners work once there is moss everywhere ? Where does the rainwater go ? Where has vegetation gone ? What about the window cleaners ? Hehe sorry I'm a killjoy, I'm an engineer, not an architect :)

theoryshawAcebrunopostleCoenVDobranov
  • ... sometimes it's nice to get lost in the music. ;)

Ace
  • edited February 2023

@Gorgious said:
    Where I live pigeon / seagull / starling poop is a real problem for any structure that is more than shoulder height. How will the cleaners work once there is moss everywhere ? Where does the rainwater go ? Where has vegetation gone ? What about the window cleaners ? Hehe sorry I'm a killjoy, I'm an engineer, not an architect :)

It is the same with gothic cathedrals. When they were built, many practical problems arose. But, they did not stop and those buildings were built at the end. Architecture is not always for practical purposes...

dimitar
  • @bitacovir said:

@Gorgious said:

It is the same with gothic cathedrals. When they were built, many practical problems arose. But, they did not stop and those buildings were built at the end. Architecture is not always for practical purposes...

you beat me to it! I was literally going to say the same thing ;)