If you're reading this, we've just migrated servers! If anything looks broken please email dion@thinkmoult.com :)

BlenderBim Tutorial - Floorplan Update - in 20mins - BlenderBim 23.04.17

Hey everyone this thread is to discuss this tutorial:

It's a general update of the first plan tutorial

Here are the resources:

CoenVintheoryshawGorgiousbrunopostlecvillagrasatlangNigelMoultDarth_Blender

Comments

• Great, great ! The drawing features are evolving so fast you'll need to pump out one of those every other week at this rate :p
    Thanks for sharing, it's helping a lot. Cheers

Ace
  • @Ace I'm sure that course you're asking about in YouTube will be awesome!

Ace
  • Great video as usual! I would recommend holding Ctrl to disable/enable snap temporarily to speed up your workflow though.

Ace
  • Alternatively, Shift-Tab to toggle snap on and off :)

Ace
  • Love this update! Thank you so much for keeping these videos updated! They are very insightful and help prioritise which features need building first. Things I took away:

• Creating a new object in a view should switch to that view representation automatically so you don't need to keep on pressing "activate view".
    • Flipping a fill should flip based on its host's centroid, not itself.
    • We should add some standard trees and vegetation (pot plant? bush? some more architectural plants like gymea lilies and dracaenas?) to the metric library. Perhaps @baswein may be able to suggest what is needed and provide dimensions for small/medium/large and what's critical from a landscape architecture perspective?
    AceOwura_qu
  • @Moult said:
    - We should add some standard trees and vegetation (pot plant? bush? some more architectural plants like gymea lilies and dracaenas?) to the metric library. Perhaps @baswein may be able to suggest what is needed and provide dimensions for small/medium/large and what's critical from a landscape architecture perspective?

I think that is a great idea. I'll pull stuff and start a new thread.

theoryshawAce
  • I truly appreciate these videos
    if not too much kindly make a little effort with your voice over, sometimes it is a bit blurred and difficult to understand, especially when you quickly go through some crucial steps.
    I understand the video shouldn't be too long but certain parts, my personal opinion, might deserve more time to clearly explain them. There are so few tutorial on BB and I do not want to miss any of it.
    Looking forward to the next one, thanks

Ace