Configure a type where the 2D representation has a fill?

With printed floor plans, is there a way to configure 2D representation (Model/Body/PLAN_VIEW, or the like) of something like the following, so the 2D part has a fill in it, so the background (blue ifcslab in this case) doesn't show, or is covered up? Like the last image?

attached files, open Blender file first, as I used 'Calculate Shapely Surfaces' for surface fills.

CGRAce

Comments

• I added a 2d representation to create just the rectangle with an internal face, and it worked. Don't know if it's going to work in all situations.

theoryshawArv
  • Add this as a bug, we need to support this but I'm not exactly sure how (I need to check whether or not you can mix curves and surfaces, or if not, whether we offer an option to create a perimeter fill).

theoryshaw
  • @bruno_perdigao said:
    I added a 2d representation to create just the rectangle with an internal face, and it worked. Don't know if it's going to work in all situations.

Sweet! Was funny, i posted this, then took a shower, and while there, thought: "I should add another context for just the fill".
    Nothing like a shower for deep thoughts. ;)

Add this as a bug, we need to support this but I'm not exactly sure how (I need to check whether or not you can mix curves and surfaces, or if not, whether we offer an option to create a perimeter fill).

Agreed... would be nice to avoid this hackery. :)

bruno_perdigaoAce
  • Add this as a bug, we need to support this but I'm not exactly sure how (I need to check whether or not you can mix curves and surfaces, or if not, whether we offer an option to create a perimeter fill).

https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/IfcOpenShell/issues/3473

Ace
  • This hack doesn't seem to work anymore, as the tub now has no 'fill'.
    See files, here.

• Has anyone figured out a work around for this?

• It's bad and tedious but you could put a flat building element proxy in the shape of the tub, just below the tub.
    Bath on a concrete slab:

Bath with a building element proxy underneath:

layout in BBim:

This is exaggerated for effect they can be 5mm above the slab and it should still work

This is less than ideal but drawings need to look right

theoryshaw