Creating a 2D representation with Grease pencil.

edited July 2023 in General

Some might know this already, but wanted to share.
The following is a little video tutorial on how you can use the Greasepencil and the Line Art modifier to create a quick 2D representation for a type.
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/np37nrqq3it8ozfu2q7r0/2023-07-18_15-13-27_KeyShowView_Carnac.mp4?rlkey=8pgxum94fkyzhzpa0lyvz6bj1&dl=0
Would be awesome if somehow this approach was hard baked. That is, if a new Plan/Body/PLAN_VIEW context was added to a type, that this process happened automatically in the background.

NigelcarlopavCoenGorgiousatomkarincaAceSigmaDimensions

Comments

• Oh wow that's a super cool technique. In addition we should have an option when creating a plan body to 1) project down (right now, slow but retains everything) 2) do your greasepencil technique or 3) do bounding box only.

Can file a bug?

Nigeltheoryshaw
  • @theoryshaw Hi, you are making dreams come true. Regarding the grease pencil 2D representation, can it be further edited with grease pencil tools and text added, then saved?
    @Moult Hi, I like the 'options' for 2D representation idea, exciting times for BlenderBIM users

• @theoryshaw Hi, you are making dreams come true. Regarding the grease pencil 2D representation, can it be further edited with grease pencil tools and text added, then saved?

Yes, i'm sure you can further edit it with grease pencil tools, but I don't think we can put text into our types... yet.
    Or maybe i misunderstood you here.

Nigel