match object in scene

Hi I was modelling some random building, (really just wanting to see what new features have been added) when I wanted to model a wall with all the same properties as one in the scene, I had added specification number (Classification Reference) to the already modelled wall. I was thinking an eye dropper icon in the N-panel\Active Tool\BIM Tool would be handy. but there is probably some way of doing it already?

carlopavtheoryshawAce

Comments

• This is quite a big thing to tackle. We have some things like the copy property operator and the bulk property editor which can do "some" but not all of what you're asking. Note that you're also asking for classification matching which totally has not been implemented. This needs a bit of a think and careful plan on how to implement. I'd suggest holding off until we have better search filters and data selectors (working on it now).

NigelAce
  • I'd suggest holding off until we have better search filters and data selectors (working on it now).

@Moult Changing the subject a little bit, but I was thinking about the idea that @brunopostle commented here about updating objects only if they differ. Could this improvement in data selectors used in that sense, to check the data from two objects and detect their differences?

Nigel
  • edited July 2023

Would it be enough a button (like brush icon) that allow to take the properties from an object and "paste" these properties to a new clicked object?
    I mean to copy only the properties like PSets, Classifications, etc not the type...

• @Massimo said:
    Would it be enough a button (like brush icon) that allow to take the properties from an object and "paste" these properties to a new clicked object?
    I mean to copy only the properties like PSets, Classifications, etc not the type...

these could be related:

• @Massimo said:

The brush icon concept would be helpful but the ideal would be to click on an IFC Object in the scene and everything is inherited (except the starting position) and then the user is ready to draw/model a 'sibling' of that object.