BB's UI: Visual feedback based on context

This discussion was created from comments split from: Overview of keyboard shortcuts for the BlenderBIM add-on.

Comments

• @theoryshaw said:
    sounds like a great wiki page. :)

Good idea, slightly related. Do you know how to visually represent in BlenderBIM in which context you are? It happens often I press a button and I forgot I have the BIM tool not selected.
    Is there a native Blender option to color the frame a certain color so you know you have certain tools active?
    For example, it's hardly visible I have the BIM tool selected.

Don't know if it's just me or other users also have this experience?

• @Coen ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    :)

• Just curious if it's possible to have a colorized edge around the viewport when the BIM tool is selected. I checked in the theme, but was overwhelmed by the options.

• @Coen i did a little research and it seems that it can be possible to change a specific color in the ui with this command
    bpy.context.preferences.themes[0].user_interface.editor_outline = [1.0,0.0,0.0]
    In this case, it sets the "editor_outline" to red. Just change the float array following the RGB 0,1 rules with the preferred color ...
    It changes all the contour tabs but i think it could be nice ...

CoenatomkarincaAce
  • @Massimo

Thanks, exactly what I was looking for. The colour will definitely let you know in which context you are.

Massimo
  • @Coen yeah... btw i saw that everything in the UI can be customized with a similar python command, so it is awesome :-)
    It needs a bit of digging around in order to know the right property, but it is doable ...

• Don't know if it's just me or other users also have this experience?

It's not just you hahahha, this is a great suggestion

Coen