Cityjson to IFC

edited February 6 in General

Hello guys, i'm trying to comvert Cityjson to IFC objects. Import NL Building data using Up3date The problem i'm facing is that when saved the file is only 3kB. No geometry is saved. Any clue how to rearrange this so the building can be used as IFC? Sample attached Thanks upfront

Comments

• Well BlenderBIM exports only ifc objects to ifc, so you need to classify your objects and move them to the correct collection of the ifc project structure. Is that ehat you mean?

• Yes that's what i need to know. Are ther any tools for to classify this geometry to turn them into ifc... _[builidingparts] _ ?

• AceAce
    edited February 7

@magicalcloud_75
    This is the way you classify objects as Ifcobjects:

I normally classify objects Im not certain of as "Building element proxy"

magicalcloud_75
  • Hello guys, i'm trying to comvert Cityjson to IFC objects.

Maybe I'm missing some context, but isn't this tool specifically designed for this?

bdamayAce
  • Coen, I didn't know about this feature. So thanks ! I'm getting python errors on my current laptop but i will try if if will get results on my other laptop.

• Coen, I didn't know about this feature. So thanks ! I'm getting python errors on my current laptop but i will try if if will get results on my other laptop.

Same for me, a few months ago I made an attempt to troubleshoot. But I'm afraid it's not maintained anymore. My knowledge to fix it is really lacking.

Also the github link you posted, I see the last commit is from 3 years ago :/. Such a shame because it's so incredibly useful.

https://community.osarch.org/discussion/702/ifcopenshell-cityjson-to-ifc/p2

bdamay
  • Dankjewel Hans.

• You're welcome ! :)

• @Coen @magicalcloud_75 I had developed CityJSON2IFC at the time I still was involved with the BIM world. Unfortunately, I am not anymore. At a group from the TU Delft they forked the project and I think they continued developing it from here: https://github.com/3DGI/cityjson2ifc Maybe you can try that out?

Coen