Deleting elements talkes a lot of time

I have some bigger models in of parts of cities coming form json.
Deleting the stuff i don't need takes ages. Any tips to speed up the proces? Thanks

steverugiAce

Comments

• Can you share some IFC example? Maybe there is a solution for some specific example.

• Hello ! Could you add more information about your process and the reasoning behind deleting or keeping parts ?

• It's not a IFC problem. It seems the way Blender works. At least at my end. When i select a great number of objects i have repeatedly do the same thing. There seems to be some kind of maximum selected objects. Very wierd. Besides the tremendous slow processing.

• The reason for making smaller IFC files is obvious. Bigger parts of more then 1 GB to carry around is not doable.

• If you want meaningful help you'll have to provide meaningful information. There are at least as many potential workflows as there are people registered on this forum, so I wouldn't call any one "obvious". It is a known issue of Blender that it slows down when you select a great many number of objects. Usually you can solve it with a python script to do the heavy lifting for you, hence why I asked you exactly how you decide to keep or not some objects.

But if you want to rant about how the way you want to do it doesn't work, by all means be my guest. :)

Coen
  • Some backgrounds. The 3D data comes is cityjson import. IFC the goal but this problem is not really related to BlenderBIM. It's just that Blender is fast in importing large amount of meshes but very slow in deleting them. It's not a rant, just an observation. I'm not a type of guy who makes large post and anylysis :) But about my question. You did not yet gave me any clue.