BBIM | BoQ/Schedule of rates request(s)

edited March 21 in General

Present (?)

Bill of Quantities

a .csv file can be imported as cost schedule with rows containing cost item information and (highlighted in purple) queries to extract quantities, dummy table here:

it produces the following:

which allows an automated process to extract quantities from a model, in line with its naming of storeys and class type. This makes my life very happy and I am grateful for it.

I would like to post a few proposals from the perspective of an end user, I am not a software developer, so please forgive me if what I indicate here is too demanding:

request nr. 1a: add path input box and refresh button for each loaded cost schedule:

as discussed in a previous Discussion it would be handy to have a refresh button for each imported .csv cost schedule. Something like this:

With this feature implemented the user can edit the original .csv in a different editor as needed, instead of using BBIM's UI that doesn't support table-like editing and/or view options.

request nr. 1b: add Save button next to Export:

In the same request I'd add the chance to save the Cost Schedule as roundtrip ready. If I click on Export button accessible from both Editing panes I get the following:

The output table cannot be imported back in BBIM:
1. Id column is not recognized
2. Hierarchy has a different structure than the allowed one, which is using integers to define its tree arrangement (not 1.2 or 1.1.1)
3. I suspect Children and other columns are not allowed back to BBIM as .csv imported file either

Presently the exported table does not offer, my humble opinion, crucial additional information for subsequent use of the data; instead, making it compatible for a roundtrip might be very useful to avoid going back to the import .csv process adding one more schedule to the pane.

The interface could look like this:

Request 1b could be an alternative to the refresh button in 1a or complementary to it.

If I didn't bore you enough with this post I have another request ready concerning BoQ and Schedule of Rates which I am going to append to this soon

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks

carlopavJohnShegs