BBIM - Error after adding annotations

edited March 22 in General

Hi,
After adding mulitple dimensions in 1 IfcAnnotation/DIMENSION (so they are all selected and editable as 1 annotation) and trying to print I get this error:

I think the cause is duplicating a 'control point' to make a new separate line, but accidentally leaving a double on exactly the same place.
If it were a vertex, I could just select all and use 'merge vertices by distance' but that option isn't available as it is a 'control point'.

Any help to quickly resolve this? Drag selecting unfortunately selects both the double and the original, so you cannot test drag select -> delete and see which one is left.

Comments

• Hi @jes_r, if I understand correctly, you can activate the Simplify Curves Addon:

Then activate the Developers Extras:

Select the curve, enter "edit mode", select all the point, press F3 and write "remove double", and click ths option:

Let me know if it works.

jes_r
  • @bruno_perdigao said:
    Hi @jes_r, if I understand correctly, you can activate the Simplify Curves Addon:

Amazing, this fixed it!
    I found you don't necessarily need Developer Extras turned on, as you can RMB and then remove by distance.

But then again, you might want Developers Extras on for other things too ;)

bruno_perdigao