Unification of BlenderBIM and IfcOpenShell web experience
As you're probably aware, BlenderBIM is being developed as part of the IfcOpenShell repo on github. The experience on the web for both projects is not very coherent. Since mostly http://ifcopenshell.org is horribly outdated I think it makes most sense to get ifcopenshell.org to adopt the BlenderBIM theme and go from there.
None of this is my expertise, are there people interested in helping out with this or advise a bit? I had the following ideas in mind:
- Get BlenderBIM theme and convert to flask/jinja2 (cc @Moult)
- Update ifcopenshell.org website (flask) to use new template
- Remove outdated content: IfcBlender IfcMax, ...
- First level menu item to blenderbim.org (and from there back to ifcopenshell.org)
- New content: IfcPatch, IfcDiff, ... (see forums for logos)
- New content: some sort of carousel with example usage
- Revisit ifcopenshell logo and pairing with text
- Docs: unify https://blenderbim.org/docs/ and https://ifcopenshell.github.io/docs/. Revisit theme for readability. Add direct links from doc pages to github repo for editing and augmenting docs. See example 1 example 2
- Migrate forums away from sourceforge to community.osarch.org Is there an option for subfora or sth?