Unification of BlenderBIM and IfcOpenShell web experience

2»

Comments

• I think that'd be perfect. If I skim through the discussion here one of the first steps are:

Maybe I'm wrong though, also not sure how much progress already was made on this front.

• Sure! If you need help converting the mustach templates, let me know. I'll take a look at what you have so far in the IfcOpenShell templates. I think you guys have my email in my profile info, if you want to schedule a meeting or send more information or instructions as to how to move forward.

• @Pagody just some thoughts, by the way for the blenderbim.org website what you see is what you get - it's literally a static HTML website - so viewing the source is literally what's in the backend. I have a little script which concatenates and header and footer together but there isn't any dynamic code :) I'm more than happy for you to reimagine / redesign the website and scrap the old stuff with your own inspiration. In other words - feel free to hack away, copy what you see fit from the old sites, and make new proposals also where you see fit.

If you feel both sites should share the same design, that works - if you feel they should be distinct, that also works. Just a 2 cents that I think IfcOpenShell should target itself at developers, whereas the BlenderBIM Add-on site should target at users. So IfcOpenShell should talk about downloading, conda/pip, show code copy paste examples with syntax highlighting, have super readable documentation, have developer builds, and show the 10-20 command line tools in the growing ecosystem. It should also show both C++ and Python examples, how it differs to other OpenBIM libraries, and so on. Whereas the BlenderBIM Add-on site should probably be more screenshots and visuals, nice clear download link, community and support, etc.

• We've made some progresss with the live website (ifcopenshell.org) thanks to great mocks from @Pagody and we're continuing the discussion here https://github.com/IfcOpenShell/website/issues/2

Be sure to drop by the discussion and provide thoughts, ideas (and better yet) visuals!

Coen